Beyond the significant stuff, terribly superficially, I've bemoaned my wardrobe all week. Fed up with my over-washed, stretched-out, unflattering, unappealing collection, I donated nearly everything warm in early Spring so I couldn't fall into the trap of wearing it again this Fall. Yikes!
Turns out compiling this list was just the sort of catharsis I needed.
1. Complimentary messages from blog readers-mean more to me than they probably should. Thank you!
2. Crisp mornings made magical by this liquid Fall in my fridge. How? & Who?: I'll never tell.
4. A thoughtful card & treat from a treasured friend in my mailbox
5. Left to roam alone, the birthday girl kept handing her tokens out to strangers. Felt like we had the place to ourselves, which exponentially increases the enjoyability of this place.
6. Personal best time running (followed by a most pathetic run the next day. never. wearing. those. shorts. again.)
7. Gala apples
8. Happening upon an Uggs sample sale. Daughter & I, who happen to be sample size, happen to be the ones in need of Winter boots.
9. No news is good news, right?
10. After a few school work sessions ended in tears (mine), we're proudly displaying some progress!
11. "Don’t run from tests and hardships, brothers and sisters. As difficult as they are, you will ultimately find joy in them; if you embrace them, your faith will blossom under pressure and teach you true patience as you endure. And true patience brought on by endurance will equip you to complete the long journey and cross the finish line—mature, complete, and wanting nothing."
James 1: 2-4 (VOICE)