1. Library day is big for him. How many books he can bring home is bigger news than who his teacher will be each year. "I get 3 books today, mom!" He emptied his bag after his 1st library day this year and...wait for it... presented a book to his sister, who didn't get to bring a book home from her Kindergarten library visit. He loves her! He really loves her! (Such displays of affection make their incessant bickering such a wonder to me)
2. 85+ degree weather mid-September in NY
3. Coffeehouse chat with my sister-in-law
4. Dad staying with us this week means spontaneous run outside, date night, kid-free errand-running, & alone time with MidKid.
5. All online school shopping packages arriving and everything is a keeper
6. A patient, gracious, hard-working husband. It's been a rough couple of weeks, I know.
7. The way she packs a purse & kisses her "beah".
8. belly laughs from the room where they're wrestling while I make dinner
9. Anesthesia-induced sleep, day of rest & special attention does a girl good. I wouldn't complain if they needed to take another look.
Homeland Season 2 in my mailbox
11. The way she contains her enthusiasm long enough to sympathize with her left-behind little sister, playing made up games at the bus stop
"Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will.
Then you will receive all that He has promised...
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."
Hebrews 10:35 & 11:1 9 (NLT)