i'll never take it for granted.
2. bedtime spilling of the day's details by my 7 y/o. hanging onto every word. significant questions taking me off guard. why doesn't he do this before sunset?
3. Anthem Lights covers. "mom, can we just hear the end of this?" before turning off the ignition.
4. River walking adventures.
6. The Moth podcast
7. Day escape to Skaneateles (below). Doug's [famous] fish fry & fresh strawberry sauce on vanilla custard.
9. sweaty heads, tired little bodies, asleep before the next parent can come in to say good-night
10. strawberry rhubarb pie
11. [Literally] Hosing away the bad morning. Looking up to see these three lined up together.
12. concert tickets
13. friends. praying friends. new friends. familiar friends. good friends.
14. movie dates with my super man (thumbs up) and our monsters (thumbs up).
15. summer reading goals eagerly approached
16. Qwirkle saving rainy days. Only need to identify shapes & colors to play.
17. 5 tasty summer salads
18. two year old's sentences. the delight & surprise they bring us all.
19. Essie plumberry
20. chalkboard love notes
"Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything...
Godliness guards the path of the blameless, but the evil are misled by sin...
The life of the godly is full of light and joy, but the light of the wicked will be snuffed out.
Pride leads to conflict; those who take advice are wise...
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life...
It is pleasant to see dreams come true, but fools refuse to turn from evil to attain them
Walk with the wise & become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble."
Proverbs 13: 3,6,9, 12, 19-20 (NLT)