Thursday, May 9, 2013
1. Here's The Thing and Fresh Air podcasts helping me stay the course of my 3 mile runs
2. sentences from my 1 year old. "thank you mama", "stop it lala", "nope", "beest. scary. raaawr. belle [smiles]."
3. reflecting on the imagery of my kids packing a suitcase of "things" acquired at home in the short time they live here. if you haven't read ashley's inspiring post, read it here.
4. note from teacher including "he's terrific!"
5. garage sale earning $800! whohoo! (possible post to come including tips)
6. husband declaring it mother's day week & subsequently relieving me of daily duties! the best.
7. it's green again folks! i can no longer see anything beyond my backyard because of tree cover and the blooms appearing around the property and village make every morning feel like Christmas morning this past couple of weeks.
8. craigslist. new, never used to buy. good condition with much life left to sell.
9. hand-me-downs. my baby girl wearing her sister's clothes is a gift in many ways. not the least of which is: the reincarnation of my big girl in the form of her little sister. sentimental bliss!
11. finding a hiking path and beach nearby
12. Nana keeping the girls entertained for hours while I made a dent in my online class
13. moleskin. making running with blisters possible.
14. spray paint. making it just right.
15. "This High Priest of ours understands our weakness, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Heb 4: 15-16 (NLT) (1996/7 Bible Quiz-Holla!)