Spending time with your single, attractive, accomplished (SAA) girlfriends is a gift.
It reminds you of a few things:
1. the satisfaction of adult conversation. rounds and rounds about pop culture, politics, & religion.
you're fascinated by the time she went to Singapore, the people she met in Cuba, and the peaks she summits. you learn which titles on your list are worth reading & whether eyelash extensions are worth getting a sitter.
2. the fun of dining at a downtown eatery with live music, wearing something that makes you feel irresistible like Zooey Deschanel. . The pleasure of finishing your meal because you're full, not because if you don't leave now your kid will break down.
3. you were a girlfriend once.
before you were a wife & a mom, you were fancy-free, wore lipstick, and you thought about sex too.
4. a good man is hard to find.
once you've got him, don't stop dazzling him because SAA gals are sensational.
they sleep in & have all that energy.
they wear flattering clothes & make eye contact when they're listening.
5. if you're lucky enough, somehow you wouldn't trade coming home to rock your baby and kiss your husband good-morning to go back to your single, attractive, accomplished girl life.
Well, maybe just for a week of the sleeping-in part.