Our hours are jam-packed these days! Mostly with fun things, a few frustrating.
1. "it is AWESOME, mom," said my new 1st grader when I asked him what he thought of his first day at his new school.
2. not so awesome: holding my 1 year old down so they nurses could draw blood to check her liver function.
3. my red-haired cousin got married in a lovely blush-colored dress and was radiating with love for her new groom. a lady is just so pretty when she feels loved, don't you think?
4. mom found us a sofa for a song at an estate sale. in-laws delivered it. yay for living 3 hours from family!
5. contractors lie.
6. the kids have been riding their new bikes in our cul-de-sac every spare minute. they haven't had concrete nearby or ridden a bike since we left TX in 2010.
7. my Italian neighbor brought over the most delicious Italian cream cake. Bonus: no one really cares for it like I do.
all boxes are unpacked, broken down, and bundled on the side of the road for the recycling pick up. (thanks, Dad.) we now have full use of our garage for the first time.
9. FOOTBALL is back
10. Carter learned the F*word. From someone we love & trust, who learned it at school. I learned how little control I have after all.
11. I love this house. I never want to move.
I hope we come back to it the night after my last child's wedding. I hope grandchildren visit us here. And not just because of all the labor we've put in selecting blinds & painting the perfect Benjamin Moore shade on this or that wall.
Every room is my favorite room. There's enough space for both of our families to visit.
I can count on one hand how many times I've opened my computer in the past couple of weeks. In a typical day I've opened it that many times before lunch!
12. I got caught up with the ever-inspiring Ashley's adoption journey today. The crib (pictured here), with a wooden "mattress" & metal bars where her new baby girl spent the first year of her life brings just the perspective I need when I'm busy trying to replicate all the pretty spaces I've pinned in our new home.