1. A lovely calendar with lines for memory-recording on back of each month
(60% off with CALENDAR2012)
2. Living close enough to DC to spend the weekend there spontaneously
3. Free admission to Smithsonian Museums. Natural History (Elephant photo below) our family's favorite for the dinosaurs, mammals, ocean, & bones exhibits
4. Free admission to National Zoo. Tiger growling, super close up with apes & zebras.
5. Finding a Starbucks across the street for escape from cold & kids to eat Lunchables & get our coffee fix.
6. Embassy Suites on 22nd more than met our needs/expectations. (cooked-to-order, plentiful breakfast, nightly open bar & snacks, fish-feeding in the lobby pond all included in room rate. 2 room suite w/2 queen beds & a door separating sleeping kids from grown-ups awake in the living room. Also appreciated: fridge/microwave in room & indoor pool/hot tub.
7. Convenient hotel location. Starbucks & Walgreens at corner. Whole Foods & Foggy Bottom Metro Stop just a couple blocks' walk.
8. Free street parking space. ($35/night savings)
10. Always finding a working elevator
11. Baby Bjorn-loving baby
12. Lilah jumping in & swimming under water to the edge. again. again. again.
13. She didn't push hard enough for Carter to fall onto the subway tracks
14. Finding grace enough to forgive & not lose it with her for such a mean & scary outburst
15. BOB stroller. World of a difference on bumpy city streets.
16. Wegmans on the way. Yum!
17. Kindergartener writing sentences! missing several vowels & little to no space between words, but writing his own stories to describe his illustrations.
18. Visit from Heather & her kids. And now every salad is inadequate without caramelized onions & goat cheese crumbles.
19. New running sneakers with ample heel cushion & arch support. Found on sale @local outlets.
20. Laughing out loud when Julie explained what we want from our kids is to "come home from school singing Jesus Loves Me not Single Ladies". Just so perfect. So funny. But perfectly put.
21. Big sister's LOVE & attention for baby girl. Even if that means she can be found in the crib, changing her diaper if I'm not quick enough.
22. Remembering to bake with Lilah like I did with Carter when he was 3 & at home with me all day. 2-ingredient, low-fat, egg-free cupcake recipe.
23. Faith-restoring chat with my sister-in-law! I just love you & thank God for you, Tara!
Exactly what I needed: thinking about my kids choosing to believe in Christ, and accept Him as their Savior:24."Now God has us where he wants us...Saving is all his idea, and all his work.
All we do is trust him enough to let him do it.
It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing." Eph 2:8 (The Message)
*Photos taken with iPhone4S, Edited in Instagram App (free). Collages created & uploaded with Frametastic app (free) Pin It