Orzo SaladIt's a family favorite!I arrived at this recipe by combining my favorite Greek salad flavors over orzo. Simple.
Leftovers are even better. It's a great make-enough-&-pack-the-rest-for-lunch-tomorrow salad.
- 1/2 box of orzo salad, prepared according to pkg (do not overcook).
- 3 tomatoes-on-the-vine, chopped small
- 1/4 red onion, chopped small
- juice of 1 to 1 1/2 lemons (to taste)
- 1/4lb block of Feta cheese (I like to crumble my own)
- olive 0il
- oregano-palm-full of fresh, chopped or 2 T dried
- garlic powder, couple quick shakes (i've done it with fresh garlic or no garlic too)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
Fluff cooled orzo with a fork to break it up.
If needed, add a tad more olive oil to lightly coat.
Add tomatoes & onions. Squeeze lemon juice over top. (i use rachael ray's method. rolling it, cutting it in half, squeezing it cut side up to keep seeds from getting in)
(If using dried oregano: cover top with a generous sprinkling of oregano)
Grind black pepper over top; add a dash of salt, to taste.
Use the fork to fluff it all together.
Serve w/a lemon wedge &/or fresh mint leaves for garnish.
Gosh, I wish we had some left for lunch tomorrow.